A web application is a software application that is accessed over an Internet or intranet networks.
Web applications have become popular due to the ubiquity of web browsers and the convenience of cloud computing. The ability to update and maintain web applications without distributing and installing software on potentially thousands of client computers is a key reason for their popularity, as is the inherent support for cross-platform compatibility.
Unlike websites which are intended for page views, web applications are commonly used for data centric information processing and is focused on providing desktop like instant responsiveness. Web application allow organizations to securely share business data with customers and suppliers.
- Affordable - developed using free open source software
- Scalable - provides both the horizontal and vertical scalability
- Maintainable - multi-tiered component architecture eases maintenance and promotes software reuse
- Database driven - centralized data store
- Single Page application with desktop like responsiveness
- Support real time asynchronous notifications (without an explicit user page reload requests)
|Client||Java Server||Scala Server||PHP Server|
|JSON/XML/Ajax||MySQL, MongoDB||MySQL, MongoDB||MySQL|
Use a Web Application if you require:
- Sharing of business data
- Multiple platform access
- Centralized software and security controls
- Responsive user interface
- Reduce server computing costs by off loading some computing to client devices
- Frequent software changes due to regulatory, business expansions or time to market business needs
Is Web Application for you?
Contact us to discuss and evaluate your data sharing needs and see if a web application can help your business. We can custom develop a solution for you after analyzing your requirements. With our commitment to on going support, we will help you enhance your application as your needs grow and change, support release upgrades and help you monitor your site for performance and security breaches. We will partner with you to help you make the most of your web application.
We invite you to demo our web application projects and see how it can help you share your business data.